Monday, April 26, 2010

Whoops...

So, I think I forgot that I had a blog. No, the truth is I didn't think I had anything interesting to say. But I have had a couple of people ask me about why I haven't posted so here goes:


Interesting? I don't know but here's a recap of the last 2 months:


1. Went to Phoenix. Okay to start, we decided to save some money and fly out of Springfield, MO airport on a little airline called Alligant Air. Umm...won't do that again. We didn't leave until 10:30 at night (the only flight time!) and arrived 1am our time. My kids were exhausted. Since we really didn't save money, I'll just fly out of KCI. Also, Alligant Air charges for water and food. Well, we spent more money in the airport on food!!! So crazy. But, Phoenix was lovely. We stayed at Valle Del Oro in Mesa, AZ. It is a 55+ active resort! We played in the pool, played tennis, and Bingo! It was a nice week away from Kansas City and the cold, snowy weather we were having! Here are a few pictures: ummm...apparently I deleted some of my favorite pictures from the computer, but they are on snapfish, so I will just order them and put them away in my fancy photo box!
But, we did attend a Royals Spring Training Game and this was an awesome moment. So, we sat about 4 rows back from the Royals dugout. After the 2nd or 3rd inning, Brayan Pena (the catcher) picked Jack out of the crowd (pointed to him and told all of the adults to move!) and threw him the baseball! So, after the game, and being the crazy mom I am, I hunted him down to sign the baseball and get his picture with him. I just love this picture:
Now I can say, Jack loves Royals baseball and Pena is his hero!
Well, after a week, we came home. It was nice to visit, but it was so nice to come home. Phoenix is a great place to visit...now we did way more than I have blogged, so if you want to know more...call me and chat.

No comments: