Saturday, October 18, 2008

Jack says, "I want a car for Christmas"!

Okay, so I'm old. Now, I know there are many jokes to be said to that statement. Yes, Carolyn, you are old. You are almost 31 (I still have 1 week until my official 31st birthday). You have two kids and stay home on the weekends for fun (which I wouldn't give up for the world. I love my kids!) instead of going out partying or dancing. But, I'm really old. We just bought a...minivan. Yes, world, that is right, we bought a minivan. Call me a soccer mom, crazy driver, whatever, but I have a minivan. Since having Ainsley, the car just wasn't big enough. Roxy had to sit inbetween carseats, and that just wasn't a pretty sight. We didn't have enough room in the trunk for everything. The passenger seat was always pushed forward, like you were riding in the engine. For Christmas this year, we realized we were going to have to rent a van just to get home with the gifts.

With all of that being said, we purchased a 2008 Honday Odyssey. The color is Ocean Mist Blue, gray leather interior, dvd system, and many other features. The scary thing about this whole purchase is we are sooooo excited! I was almost giddy today! I still can't believe I am driving a minivan. We have had so many conversations about what to do. Most were around what SUV we would buy. With today's gas prices and size of SUV, we had a realization we need a minivan. We are soooo old...

No comments: