Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm BAAACCK!

So, I know I promised to blog more a couple of months ago, but now I think I have the motivation! I don't know why I haven't blogged...probably pure laziness, but now I'm back and ready to go!

This fall, Jeff, me and the kids went with our playgroup to a local apple orchard for some apple picking and boy did we have fun! Note to self: I need to hijack Jeff's phone for the pictures! With a peck of apples, I had my work cut out to do something with them!

So...I made homemade applesauce. It was soo easy! I had done this before, but this time, this recipe was so easy! It was from Family Fun website and I will try to post it later. Next, I made baked apples and it was incredibly yummy and easy too! Finally, I made my favorite...apple crisp! It's from cooks.com and here it is:


EASY APPLE CRISP

1 c. sugar

2 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 c. water
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
6 peeled and sliced large apples
3/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
6 tbsp. butter
Combine 1/2 c. sugar, lemon juice, water and cinnamon in bottom of small baking pan. Slice in apples. Blend remaining 1/2 c. sugar, flour, salt and butter until crumbly. Spread over apples and pat smooth.
Bake at 375°F. for 40-50 minutes, until apples are tender and crust is browned. Serve hot with ice cream. This is a good recipe for apple crisp if you don't like the over-sugary oatmeal taste. It's basically a rectangular apple pie, but healthier (no lard).


I loved this recipe and recommend everyone to try it! Gotta love cooking!

No comments: