Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!!

After yet another storm night we will be heading this weekend to the Lake for Father's Day weekend. Ainsley will meet her Great-Grandma and Grandpa Doty this weekend before they take off for their summer vacation. We will also get to finally meet my neice (cousin) Hailey for the first time! I'm so excited to be an Aunt. Finally a kid I can spoil and send back home to mom and dad. I can't wait for the day that Hailey will come and visit and play with Jack and Ainsley by herself. My aunts and uncles used to take Rob and I for up to a week during the summer doing all sorts of fun stuff. I remember before my cousins Jeff and Amy were born my Aunt Shirley taking us to Oceans of Fun and Kaledescope here in KC. My other Aunts--Joan and Nola would take all of us cousins to Worlds of Fun, the diner in Forest City, and the city pool in Oregon, MO. Those were the fun and easy days! I only hope I get to make those memories with my neice.

I hope all the men with kids out there have a wonderful Father's Day!

No comments: