Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Ultimate Gift

This past summer, I was checking my work email in anticipation for school when I ran across lesson plans that incorporate movies into school. These lessons are amazing because they are already complete--teacher notes, handouts, movie times. One of the lessons I ran across was from the movie, The Ultimate Gift. I hadn't heard of this movie, but it intrigued me. I read the lesson plans, all 30 pages, and found it to be amazing. Then I began to ask myself, why hadn't I heard of this movie. I mean, c'mon now, I read People magazine religously.

Anyway, I printed off this movie less plan and decided I really needed to watch the movie. Around the first week of school, one of my students got ahold of this packet and told me her family watched this movie. She kept telling me how wonderful this movie was and how I really needed to watch it. It finally became a weekly question. So, I found out there was a book too, so I check it out at the library. I couldn't put it down. What a wonderful message. You have all these gifts to to give people, how will you use them. The book is about a young man discovering these gifts.

So, I told my student I read the book. Again, she kept telling me I needed to watch the movie. So last night, Jeff and I watched the movie. Okay, the movie was quite different, but equally as wonderful. I loved it! I recommend anyone to watch the movie and challenge people to use their gifts for a great good! Don't watch this movie if you aren't in the mood for a serious message. Watch it because you need to be inspired in your life. Watch it because you are curious about what you can give to the world. Watch it it because you need to be reminded what a wonderful life you have.

No comments: