Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goodbye 2008...Hello 2009

Finally, a moment to blog. WE have been crazy busy today. Ainsley was awakened last night at 12:10 and preceeded to scream for 2 hours. Of course our neighbors were shooting off fireworks at midnight, so that woke her up. Lucky us. Once I finally woke up this morning we have taken down the Christmas tree and decorations, reorganized some of the toys--only the ones in the family room and began trying to figure out what pieces of furniture we can get rid of.

Yes, you read that correctly, we are getting rid of furniture. My cream colored sofa is leaving. It is just too hard to maintain with two kids. It is actually in very good condition, but only because we scrub it when we see a stain. We are also getting rid of our oversized red chair because it just doesn't fit anywhere. Salvation army will hopefully be coming to our house soon! We also have two full size set of mattresses we are storing in our basement, which will go away too! Any takers?????

Since we are getting rid of furniture, we are also getting new furniture. We are finally finishing our bedroom with new nightstands. Last year we bought a new dresser from Thomasville. We completed that look with new nightstands from Thomasville. We cannot wait for them to arrive!!!

I know I should be setting resolutions since it is a new year, but I just don't know of anything I want to set except one...loose the baby weight, which equates to 25 pounds. Luckily, my family is going to help me try to stay on track, but ultimately it is up to me! I signed up for sparkpeople.com which will hopefully keep my on track too!!! Jeff has promised certain things if I loose the weight...Macy's shopping spree, Mizzou personalized license plate saying...M2 CG or something like that, and WHEN I get to my target weight, dinner at the American Restaurant!!! Some good items for me to get!! Let's hope this works!

Anyway, I may be changing my blog around soon. I have been checking out other blogs for ideas on how to get stuff done more effiecently, so watch...

BIG NEWS--Jeff made partner in his law firm! This will be a new adventure for our family as we figure out how this will change our lives!!!

Other big news to let you know about...my parents sold their house in Rolla and are moving up here in February. They have a contract on a house up here by me!!! We can't wait for them to move!!!

Lastly, Let's go 2009! I'm ready for a great year!!!!

No comments: