Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy 31st Birthday Honey!


Today's blog is in honor of Jeff! He is officially 31 years young today! The kids and I surprised daddy at work with balloons and a huge cake for the office! The plan had been that Ainsley and I come down for lunch, but with the help of Bambi, our babysitter, I picked Jack up from Bambi's and we picked out balloons and a cake that would hopefully be big enough for the office at the local Hy-Vee. I called daddy to tell him we were downtown and he said he would meet us at the elevator bank. Now, you must understand something, Jeff has been in this current office building for a year, but I still to this day, can't remember what floor to go to. In Dallas he was on floor 46 out of 50, his first job here he was on floor 23 out of 30 and was half of the floor in Dallas. Now he is on floor 5! There was one day before Ainsley was born that Jack and I couldn't figure out what floor to stop on--I tried 6, which is a cafeteria and 4, which you can't get off on unless you have a special card. Oh well.

Anyway, back to today, I had him meet me at the elevator bank because now he moved offices, so now I have to remember the floor and the office. There is no hope for me! Jack carried the balloons and Ainsley (and myself) carried the cake. As we exited the elevator, there was daddy and Jack said, "Happy Birthday Daddy" or some variation of that. Jeff was pleasantly surprised and a bit embarrassed (if you know Jeff, he doesn't like a big fuss). We made him carry his cake a balloons through the office! Jack was cute and performing for everyone in the office and Ainsley passed around to different people. Jeff's secretary, Jennifer, said she had had a migraine until she held Ainsley and that made her world better!

Then if was off to a fast and fantastic lunch at Jason's Deli because Jeff had to hurry to get to a conference call. Tonight for dinner it is Jeff's choice: Grilled steak, corn, grilled pineapple, etc. Happy birthday honey! We hope you have a good day!

No comments: